June 23, 2014

Conversion: Tetras

The Tetra is a fast skimmer used for reconnaissance (again from Imperial Armour vol. III). The model, well, I think I found a suitable one: The Hunter Killer 2000 Grav Bike, from the Void miniatures game.

The human pilots were converted to tau pilots by cutting off their noses and slicing a vertical line on their forehead. Painted blue they look ok, I think. The bike itself looks great, I skipped the minigun mounted under the "beak" (yes, maybe it resembles a duck...). The backside with the model is that it is metal. The paint scrapes off, and it tips over quite easily.

I have not attached any weapons on them yet. Pulse rifles and markerlights, that is. Maybe they are built into the front somehow...


Fast skimmers are nice, and with disruption pods they can increase their much needed jink save to up to 3+. They are great markerlight units, with 2 twin-linked shots each. There is most often room in the organization chart for them, since they are fast attack. I prefer to take two units with two Tetras each.

No comments:

Post a Comment