July 7, 2014

Conversion: Pathfinders

Markerlights. One of the great inventions of the Tau warmachine. Use them to boost ballistic skill, ignore cover save or send a seeker missile from anywhere on the table at an unsuspecting target. 

There are several units that are equipped with or offers the possibility to be equipped with markerlights. Pathfinders are of the former, having them attached to their pulse carbines. They also have a lot of other options, like special weapons and drones that aren't available to other units.

For my pathfinders, I just used regular Fire warriors without backpacks, "non-helmet" heads, and one head from a tank commander. I used stealth suit antennas (if I am not mistaken) as markerlights. I also added black tattoos on their heads (I like those small details...).


Below is a picture from my first try using pathfinders. After disembarking, they got shot to pieces (like the rest of my army...). Not a good way to use them. I think the best way is to hide them in some ruins. They can't be very mobile if you want to use the markerlights (and you will), since these are heavy weapons.


No comments:

Post a Comment